Over the summer, our garden overflowed an abundant supply of zucchini! I couldn’t freeze or give it away fast enough!
I searched on the internet for all kinds of zucchini recipes. We needed to start eating more of it! After combing two recipes we came up with this Easy Peasy Stuffed Zucchini.
The perfect twist to some good old-fashioned garden goodness!
Menu combining inspiration:
Our family enjoyed eating this main dish with homemade breadsticks, and a side
of cottage cheese, topped with fresh peaches.
We also enjoy subsituting the marinara sauce for bbq sauce on occasion for another variation.
We like to switch the meat up as well. Instead of Venison, we also enjoy Pork Sausage or plain old Hamburger.
Cook Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozerella cheese divided
- Additional marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in of zucchini meat in the shells.
- Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook venison and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the egg, marinara sauce, italian bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon meat mixture on boats. Place in oven, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 degrees or zucchini is tender. Serve with additional marinara sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
var plantoeatRef = ‘d3p8b67r0x’
Leave a Reply